In addition to standard services, we also provide services for testing filtration media and used bag filter filtration elements.
Laboratory analysis provides the customer with essential information on the current condition of the filtration element (filtration hose, filtration pocket, etc.).
This information is the most important aspect for making qualified decisions regarding the replacement of the filtration element, prediction of operational reliability of the bag filter and prevention of emergency conditions.
ZVVZ-Enven Engineering, a.s. - a leading European manufacturer of environmental and air protection equipment operates modern laboratories for testing filtration media and used filtration elements. The laboratory equipment is able to analyse filtration elements from all types of bag filters.
Filtration media testing and technical and implementation services form a comprehensive portfolio of services of ZVVZ-Enven Engineering, a.s. in order to provide our customers with technical support in the area of bag filtration. Modern measuring and testing equipment, as well as many years of experience,are assets we usein the long-term monitoring of the condition of the filtration elements and in dealing with emergency and non-standard operational situations with respect to all types of bag filters.
The laboratories, equipped with state-of-the-art testing equipment and specially designed testing machines, analyse and test:
- New filtration media
- Used filtration elements (hereinafter “FE”)
- Supporting basket surface finishing
The laboratory output is presented in the form of written protocol:
„Laboratory Analysis of a Filtration Element"
The results of a laboratory analysis of filtration elements provide the customer with all the necessary information about their current condition and/or whether they need to be replaced or not.
- Increasing operational reliability of the bag filter
- the customer has current information about the actual condition of the filtration element
- the analysis of damage occurrence to filtration elements will allow for the elimination of its causes
- Eliminating undesired emergency conditions of bag filters
- prediction of the necessity to replace filtration elements if the end of their service life is drawing near
- the analysis will draw attention to the necessity of a filter examination – prevention of serious breakdowns and expensive repairs
- Reducing costs of bag filter operation
- reduction in the frequency of replacements of filtration elements
- optimisation of regeneration operation => decrease in regenerative air consumption
- Extending service life of bag filters’filtration elements
- laboratory analysis detects the necessity to optimise the operation of filter regeneration and/or the necessity to modify the regeneration system
- replacement of filtration elements at the actual end of their service life
- laboratory analysis is a source of information for the application of new, more progressive filtration media (while maintaining the optimal performance/cost ratio)
- as a standard for large applications(primarily in power engineering, metallurgy and construction industry), we perform periodic laboratory analyses of filtration elements. The usual period of periodic filtration element sampling is one year. As a standard, we provide the customer with technical assistance and support throughout the whole service life of the filtration element.
The laboratory at ZVVZ-Enven Engineering, a.s. provides for:
- Testing the strength and ductility of filtration media, both new and used
- Testing the permeability of filtration media, both new and used
- Testing the regenerative ability of the used filtration media
- Determination of the degree of dust penetration into the structure of the filtration media – digital microscopy
- Photographic documentation of the filtration media and elements (cross-sections, details, surfaces)
- Determination of surface density, thickness and density in both new and used filtration media
- Testing the heat-setting of new filtration media
- Chemical analyses of modifications of both new and used filtration media (oleophobic + hydrophobic)
- Testing the pH of aqueous extract from a used filtration element
- Determination of material of unknown filtration media through a chemical test (indicatively)
- Testing the thermal resistance of the surface finish of the supporting basket
With a suitable combination of the above-specified tests, we will obtain the maximum amount of information on the current state of the filtration element and provide customers with important information for their decision-making process.
The completion of the questionnaire is a necessary requirement for the preparation of a laboratory analysis as it serves as a basis for its processing.
The questionnaire further specifies the focus area of testing during the analysis.